2 defensive skills
DEFENSIVE MECHANICS"© !!!
"8 Basic Defensive
The 8 basic defensive tactics are...
1. Pressure - as soon as the team losing the puck, one player
immediately pressures the puck handler.
2. Speed - use speed to limit offensive options and force
3. Pursuit - proper use of angles to limit offensive
4. Grouping - defensemen position themselves to restrict
5. Commit or contain - the defenseman either commits or
contains the offensive player.
6. Stall and Contain - force the offense to stop or slow down
the attack's speed... the defense forces the offense to the outside
of the rink.
7. Support - players away from the puck more to reduce
passing options while always reacting to the puck movement..
8. Transition - the team is always ready to change from
defense to offense as soon as the team gets possession of the puck."
Practice the skills in this 8 panel
brochure using the drills in
How To Play Better Ice Hockey >
Practice > Effective Defensive Drills
"Defending the Lead
These are dangerous plays with five minutes or less to play. These
are the plays create a scoring opportunities and quick goals for the
Opposition End. Drop passes... Passes back to the
point... Passes point to point... Shot from the point... Blind pass
out from the corner or behind the net.
Neutral Zone. Long Passes... Unsafe stickhandling...
Carrying the puck back toward the opposition goal... Stickhandling
at the blue line.
Defensive Zone. Soft passes... Unsafe stickhandling...
Shooting around the boards without looking... Diagonal passes...
Passes up the middle... Giveaways."
The "How To Play" Guarantee
We guarantee that you will find
skills and/or drills in each brochure that will improve your playing
we will gladly refund the cost of the brochure... no questions
To "How To Play Better Ice Hockey" |
ATHLETIC LEAGUE DISCOUNT PROGRAM |
Ice Hockey Coach's
Related "How To Play Better Ice
"How to Enhance Hockey
MECHANICS" is an 8 panel brochure packed with these
important and well-defined defensive mechanics ..
- 8 Basic Defensive Principles
- Good Defensive Qualities
- Anticipating Play
- Defending the Lead
- Opposition End
- Neutral Zone
- Defensive Zone
- Other Safeguards
- Penalty Killing
- One Man Short
- Fore Checker Criss-Cross
- Fore Checker Picks up the Lanes
- Back Checking
- Two Men Short
- In the Neutral Zone
- Defensive Zone Schemes
- One Man Short - Standard Box
- Collapsible Box
- Sagging Box
- Rotating Box
- Two Men Short - Standard Triangle
- Sliding Triangle
- Regrouping in the Neutral Zone
The "HowToPlay.com" prescription
for sport's success... supply an athlete with a dream and the
drive to achieve their dream. "HowToPlay.com" provides these
players with the
proven skills professional coaches use to bring out
"EFFECTIVE DEFENSIVE MECHANICS"
Back to the Previous Page
All Star Hockey
know the detailed skills of
how to play baseball ...